We have a commitment to “Keep Connected”
Today’s seniors are expecting more from every aspect of their lives. The senior housing industry has responded by creating assisted living communities, a place where senior residents thrive. To celebrate the way more than one million people live, there is National Assisted Living Week® taking place September 11-17, 2016. This year’s theme “Keep Connected” showcases the integral role technology plays in assisted living communities such Claremont Place Senior Living.
- Sunday, September 11 @ 10:30am: “Grandparents Gone Wired” – Stay in touch with our loved ones! Live video chats with the grand & great grand kids. We will have Skype set up so residents and guests can Skype with their families.
- Monday, September 12 @ 10:30am : “Stepping into the Future” – Travel to space in our very own Claremont Place Observatory. Experience the new Virtual Game Wear.
- Tuesday, September 13 @ 10:30am : “Plugging Seniors into the present” – Take a very basic computer class & mini seminar.
- Wednesday, September 14 @ 10:30am: “Tune into Technology” Let’s get tech savvy with Selfie Sticks, iPods, iPads and iPhones. We will even make a video!
- Thursday, September 15 @ 10:30am: “YouTube Cooking Class”- Take a simple online cooking class. We will create appetizers and enjoy eating them together!
- Friday, September 16 @ 3:00pm: “Internet Cafe” providing internet access on five iPads set up cubic office style while enjoying our Coffee & Boba Bar.
- Saturday 17 @ 10:30am: “This is your Life, Progressive Party” Visit selected resident apartments as they showcase their favorite hobby or collection. Refreshments will be served. .